Program Requirements (120 credit hours)
Interdisciplinary Studies is designed to allow individualized majors around a theme, topic or track.
The courses listed below under each of the noted categories have been developed to meet the course standards for the Regents Online Degree Programs. Students should check with their advisor regarding other online and traditional courses that may meet the requirements of the noted categories.
1. University Admission
You must apply and meet the admission requirements for your university home institution.
2 . General Education
You must meet the General Education Requirements of your home institution. It is critical to talk with your advisor(s) prior to enrollment regarding the General Education Requirements and transferability.
- Complete all of your general education courses through your university, OR
- Meet with the university RODP Transcript Advisor to determine which prior college credits and/or work experience credits fulfill the university general education requirements, OR
- Complete the General Education Requirements online through any of the Board of Regents Community Colleges. Be sure to consult your university advisor prior to taking courses.
3. Track Options (24 hours)
- Cultural Diversity
- Multicultural Studies
- Teaching and Learning
- Information Technology
- Organizational Leadership
- International Studies
- Public Relations
- Plus, more!
Check with your advisor on options for developing a program of study that most effectively supports your career goals.
4. Culminating Special Project (3 hours)
Senior status required- Culminating Special Project must be approved by advisor.
5 . Electives (33 hours)
An additional 33 semester hours (or 27 hours electives plus 6 hour internship noted below) may be drawn from the tracks or selected from other areas to complement the degree program.
Internship (3 - 6 hours) is optional as an elective. Student must be of junior status, and the internship must be approved by advisor.
6 . Graduation Requirements
Include the following:
- At least 120 semester hours total
- At least 30 semester hours must be awarded by the degree-granting institution
- At least 45 semester hours at the 3000-4000 level
- No more than 24 semester hours in business courses
Graduation: You may receive your diploma by mail or attend the official graduation activities and ceremonies at your home institution.
Diploma: Your home institution will conduct your program audit and grant your degree. Your degree will note the name of your home institution. Your diploma will be the same as all other diplomas.
- Degree Programs & Courses
- Master of Education
- Master of Professional Studies
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Nursing Post Master’s
- Teacher Education
- Technical Certificates
- Allied Health Program Certificates
- Administrative Office Technology
- Computer Information Systems
- Drafting & CAD Technology
- Web Page Authoring
- Technical Diplomas
- Course Catalog
- Course Equivalencies
- Term Calendar
- Course Listings
- Contact Us
- Continuing Education
- Admissions Steps
- Prospective Freshmen
- Dual Enrollment/Joint Enrollment
- Master's Applicants
- Transfer Students
- International Students
- Career Changers
- Military Applicants
- Nursing Students
- Student Disability Services (ADA)
- Continuing Ed Students
- Admissions FAQ
- Contact Us
- Financial Aid & Tuition
- Current Students
- Faculty Resources