Purchase all the textbooks and course materials you need from the Virtual Bookstore in the comfort of your own home! It is as simple as selecting your program, term, department and course and you are instantly provided with the required course materials. You can check your textbook condition preference, view your shopping cart and securely check out. An extensive Help/FAQ section is available for all of your questions and concerns. You are just a few clicks away from being fully prepared for the upcoming semester. This student service is accessible through the Desire2Learn database.
The Virtual Library's mission is to provide online services that are equivalent to services provided at traditional campus libraries. The library provides the following services:
- Reference Library Services via e-mail and webpage
- Reference Service from any Board of Regents Library: includes e-mail, live chat and reference desk phone support
- Interlibrary Loan Services via home campus
- Universal Borrowers Cards issued via college or university library of record. Provides on-campus services and lending privileges to the book and journal collections of the nearest Board of Regents college or university library
The Virtual Library was established to provide online search capabilities, reference materials, databases, journals and other research services to students and faculty by joining together the resources of the Board of Regents' Libraries. This student service is accessible through the Desire2Learn database.
Online student tutoring is available in numerous subjects via the Smarthinking service. Subjects include:
- Bilingual Math
- Introductory Anatomy & Physiology
- Organic Chemistry
- Computers & Technology
With Smarthinking you can:
- Access a live, personal session with a tutor in Drop-in Tutoring.
- Schedule a personal session with a tutor of your choice in Scheduled Tutoring.
- Submit yoru writing for any class to our Writing Center.
- Send a question to a tutor through Offline Questions.
Follow these steps to get started:
- Access your course by logging in at: https:elearn.rodp.org.
- Select the Smarthinking link in the righthand menu - RODP Course Resources.
- Review the Student Handbook from a link in the Academic Resources area of your Smarthinking home page. This document will provide information on the use of the tools in the whiteboard, submission of papers, and other features.
Minimum Technology Requirements
- Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/7/8, Mac (10.4+)
- Browser: Internet Explorer version 8 and above, Firefox 3.0+, Google Chrome, Safari
- Internet Connection: Minimum 256 kbps or above
- Outbound Port to be opened: 80 (HTTP), 443 (HTTPS/XMPP)
- Memory: At least 256 MB RAM and a Pentium 3 or faster processor
- Cookies: Allow
- Flash Player: Flash Version 9.0.28 or higher
- Collaboration port 443: Open
- Popups: Allow
Visit the Smarthinking website for sample tutorials that demonstrate how the online tutoring platform works, and how you and tutors interact in the process of addressing a question. Click on the tutorial you would like to review and an online viewing window will appear.
Technology Requirements and Troubleshooting Tips
- Enable ActiveX if you are running Internet Explorer.
- Allow all popups for smarthinking.com.
NOTE: Student Smarthinking accounts are available approximately one week after the start of the semester, following the Drop/Add period.
Any further questions can be directed to Technical Support at: 1-866-550-7637
- Degree Programs & Courses
- Master of Education
- Master of Professional Studies
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Nursing Post Master’s
- Teacher Education
- Technical Certificates
- Allied Health Program Certificates
- Administrative Office Technology
- Computer Information Systems
- Drafting & CAD Technology
- Web Page Authoring
- Technical Diplomas
- Course Catalog
- Course Equivalencies
- Term Calendar
- Course Listings
- Contact Us
- Continuing Education
- Admissions Steps
- Prospective Freshmen
- Dual Enrollment/Joint Enrollment
- Master's Applicants
- Transfer Students
- International Students
- Career Changers
- Military Applicants
- Nursing Students
- Student Disability Services (ADA)
- Continuing Ed Students
- Admissions FAQ
- Contact Us
- Financial Aid & Tuition
- Current Students
- Faculty Resources